10 FACTS ABOUT PROPER POPCORN
1. There is only one corn variety from which popcorn can be made – its‘ scientific name is zea mays.
2. PROPERCORN is always vegetarian, gluten-free and it carries the label „Vollkorn – full grain“.
3. It is believed that the Indians of the Wampanoag tribe brought Popcorn to the first Thanksgiving Feast of Pilgrims in Plymouth, Massachusetts.
4. The PROPERCORN bags have maximum 130 kcal, regardless of the flavour.
5. PROPERCORN only uses the so-called butterfly popcorn, which is especially crunchy and offers more surface for the tasty toppings.
6. A corn grain will usually spin one and a half times while it pops, which is a rotation around up to 500 degrees.
7. Not every corn grain can pop. Those grains which don’t pop are called „old maids“ – for they lack the moisture. Upps.
8. PROPERCORN has the lowest salt content and the two most powerful flavor varieties (compared to the British popcorn rivals).
9. It is thanks to Christopher Columbus that we have popcorn also in Europe, since the beginning of the 16th century.
10. It is extremely rare to find a fancier taste than in PROPERCORN. Or have you already tried a snack with spicy Worcester sauce and sun-dried tomatoes?